So, it's February, almost March. And my son couldn't be more BORED. For those who don't live here, just know that it's too cold to play outside. And dad takes the car to work, which means that poor Joseph, Everlit and I are cooped up in the house all day, every day. And we get bored.
I have angel children (seriously-I do!) but this last week, Joseph has started getting into trouble in ways he never has before. I KNOW it's because he's restless and bored. Well, last night we discovered a great activity/craft. Do you guys know of any good indoor activities to do with toddlers/kids? Please share!! Really-comment and tell us all!
The activity we found was making some fridge friends. That's what I call them, anyway. I posted about them on my family blog, but for those of you who don't read that one, here it is again + how to make them. Have fun!
~~~
Fridge Friends!
You will need:
coloring pages of your child's favorite characters (we found some free ones online and printed them off)
crayons
magnet(s) (we cut small pieces off an advertising magnet we got in the mail)
glue
Step 1: Have your child help you pick the character(s) they want to use.
Step 2: Print (if needed) and color them! Definitely let your little one help with this part.
Step 3: Cut the character out.
Step 4: Glue the magnet piece to the back (it doesn't take too big a piece) and let it dry.
Step 5: Play with your fridge friends! On the fridge, the dishwasher, anywhere they'll stick!
Easy, right??
Here are some pictures of our first ones. My little guy has LOTS of favorite characters from all his movies, so we can do this project over and over! After we did these, he wanted to make "Meatballs" which is the guy from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. But it was bedtime so we made them today. Along with "Cheese Gromit!" from Wallace and Gromit. Fun fun!!



Those are so cute! I hate to admit this...but I turn to TV way more than I want to...I need to brave and turn it off. I recently bought a mini trampoline off Craig's List for about $30, and Genna loves it!
ReplyDeleteThose are so creative! Being in Arizona and only having a 5 month old, I haven't had to do too much entertaining because we can always just go on a walk or play with some of her rattle toys...so I don't really have any ideas for creative indoor activities. I would check out http://www.oneprettything.com/ though; they always have cute kid craft ideas:)
ReplyDelete