Friday, February 4, 2011

Super Mom Survey: Kara

Kara is great. I work with her in primary, and I think she is a lot of fun. I've always admired how social and friendly she is, so I asked her a few questions about that, as well as some others. She's got a sweet little girl, who doesn't look big enough to walk, which makes it even more adorable that she does! Seriously, she's cute. Kara also has a blog, and I feel like I can relate to her every post! She's so good and explaining how it feels to be a mother--both the best and the worst parts!

So, enjoy learning a little about Kara, and let me know if you have any other questions for her!

1.) Tell a little about yourself and your family.
My hubby and I were married almost 3 years ago and we have a 12 month old daughter, named Phoenix Rose. I had Phoenix a few weeks before my 21st birthday. I have always wanted to be a mother, but I never thought I'd be so young when it actually happened!
2.) Do you have your own blog you'd like me to share?
My mommy blog is www.confessionsofthisunbalancedwoman.blogspot.com It's a huge outlet for me as I've struggled with becoming a new mother and suffering with Postpartum Depression.
3.) When do you shower, and how often?
I'm usually not able to shower until early afternoon, which is usually when Phoenix goes down for her first nap. My hubby is also home in the mornings, so the days that I really need to shower before her nap, I'm usually able to get in. But I HAVE to shower at least once everyday... it drives me nuts to be greasy and gross.
4.) We all get in that frumpy-mode at times. What do you do to get out of it?
Everyday is a frumpy day for me! But as I said before, Blogging is so theraputic for me, and I also exercise daily. I've hated exercise/running my whole life but since I've struggled with PPD it's been a nice physical release for me to overcome negative feelings I have about life and my body. I also do counseling once a week.
5.) What are your favorite hobbies and when do you get them done?
Well, I love to exercise and since I'm a stay at home mom I can do it whenever. I LOVE spending time with my friends, especially girl friends. My hubby is great about letting me have that time for myself because he knows I need it every once in a while.
6.) You seem pretty social and outgoing. Have you always been?
I love being around people, meeting new people and having fun. I've never had a problem making friends, and really enjoy being social!
7.) What do you do during the week to be social?
Since the hubs works from home I try and plan things during the day so we're not in his way. We try and hang out with other moms and their babies. We also go to the library a lot and always meet new playmates running around!
8.) When you see someone you want to get to know better, how do you approach them?
I usually just go up to them and ask their name. I try and pay them a compliment, it seems to break the ice nicely. Especially if it's another mom, I ask how old their babies are and things just go from there. It's easy to find things in common especially when you have kids.
9.) What would you say is one of your greatest strengths as a wife and mother? Any tips for those who want to be better at it?
Oh man, well I have plenty of work to do on this one. But I always try to spend quality time with my family and let nothing else distract me from spending that time with them.
10.) Is there anything else you'd like to share with other moms?
The most important thing I want other mother's to realize is that we were made to do this. Our bodies and our spirits were designed to have and raise children. We see other mothers and always compare ourselves with them, thinking we are doing a horrible job, when in all reality they are probably looking at you and thinking how great you are! Even when we are struggling to keep everyone cleaned, and dressed, and happy..doesn't mean we're doing a bad job because we have a hard time keeping up everything and sometimes NOT enjoying ourselves. We are all different women, with different lives and circumstances..as long as you are trying your very best in the ways you can to be a good mother..nothing and NO ONE else matters.

My favorite thing about being a mother, especially to my little girl, is that I get to watch her grow and develop and I am part of that process. Knowing the love our Father in Heaven has for her, gives me a better understanding of how much God loves me...and that He has entrusted me with her life.

Cute Story:
I have been teaching Phoenix sign language and she had just learned "MORE" and one morning she didn't want to eat her breakfast but kept signing "MORE" to me so I asked, "More what" and she signed, "MORE" and then pointed at me and said, "MAMA!" It melted me. :)


Thanks for being my first survey, Kara!

No comments:

Post a Comment