Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Because She is a Mother"

So, apparently the link to the talk "Because She is a Mother" is not working right now. I even tried getting to it through LDS.org the long way, and got "Page Not Found." Sad. But don't worry. I still have a wonderful quote from it to share with you!

Here it is:
"I say to mothers collectively, in the name of the Lord, you are magnificent. You are doing terrifically well. The very fact that you have been given such a responsibility is everlasting evidence of the trust your Father in Heaven has in you. He knows that your giving birth to a child does not immediately propel you into the circle of the omniscient." ~ Jeffery R. Holland

This is so very comforting to me. I hope it is to you, too. I always thought that when I became a mom, everything would just come to me naturally. All the cooking, cleaning, teaching, nurturing, etc.. Well, let me tell you-it never came!! But it's okay. It wasn't supposed to. I'm supposed to learn it little by little, just like our mother's had to do. My wonderful hubby has told me many times that my mom and his mom were not always what they are today. And he's probably right. Sometimes it's just hard to believe.

So, here's a challenge for you:
Talk to your mom or your mother-in-law. Or both! Learn about something they weren't so good at when they were a new wife/mother, and how they learned to be good at it. Then, post a comment about it, so we can all smile and look forward to when we're the "wise" ones. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment