Noelle is in my ward. She is fun, and cute, and so nice. I picked her for a fashion survey, because she always looks great. Even when she just pulls her hair back in a pony-tail! Her wardrobe is modest, cute, and fun. She dresses young and fresh, yet she still looks mature, like a mommy.
I found her answers helpful and hope you do too!
First, some general questions:
1.) Tell a little about you and your family.
My hubby love and I met at BYU-Idaho our first semesters. He was 17!! I was 18! We dated for 1 year, he served a mission, we dated another year, then we got hitched! We've been married for almost 5 years. We have a 3 year old little love, Emrie Jade. Emrie and I keep each other really entertained. She is my best little friend and I love being her momma. My husband's job gives us the opportunity to travel to a different state every summer, which I love. It is wonderful to meet lots of new people and experience food, culture, and activities. And let's be honest... to get out of the blues Rexburg brings during the long winters!
2.) Do you have a blog you would like me to share?
3.) What are your hobbies, and when do you find time for them?
I graduated with a bachelor's in photography and am in love with it. I dab into many other things but am no pro at any of them! I started getting busier with photography when Emrie was about 1, so I had lots of time to edit during naps and after bedtime. I have an amazing husband that drops everything to spend time with Emrie when I have a shoot and if he can't I ask a friend!
4.) Everyone has times when they feel frumpy. (Some of us more than others-like me!) What do you do to get out of that feeling?
Work out!! It helps me feel so much better about myself. Whether it makes a difference in my clothes or not I know that I FEEL better so I try harder to LOOK better.
Now for questions on the subject:
5.) How would you describe your style? In my husband's words, "Cheap Boutique Hippie." Have you always dressed as cute as you do now? Haha, I don't think I have the cutest outfits all the time, but yes, the past 3 years have been much better than the 24 before that!
6.) How did you find a style that works for you?
I have 3 stylish sisters and a stylish momma. They are all great examples to me of fashion. Yet we are all very different in our styles. I don't ever look at fashion magazines because they aren't realistic for me. I could never afford the clothes let alone have anywhere to wear them! I also look around at other girls and what I like about what they have on. I keep a mental picture and when I go shopping I think of wanting to achieve a similar look. It helps me buy things that are out of my comfort zone and most of the time I end up loving it.
7.) What's the best way to find a style that fits you, regardless of trends, opinions, etc.?
My best advice is to decide if you can wear it for more than one season. If you know you will hate it by the next year than it is probably too trendy for you. About opinions, people will always have them. I try not to care about them and just wear what I like!
8.) How often do you add something new to your wardrobe? I basically go in fashion depression if I don't buy a new piece of clothing every couple months! It doesn't have to be a whole outfit! Jewelry or a new shirt inspire me to change things up a bit.
9.) Where do you typically shop for your clothes? Target is my best friend for EVERYTHING but jeans. And I always love me a great boutique. I admit to being a "jean snob" though. I mainly only buy them at the Buckle. I think a great pair of jeans can make my whole outfit look so much better! And surprisingly they last so much longer when you spend a little more, so I only have to buy pants once a year! The Buckle fits my style but that doesn't mean there aren't other great places out there to get quality jeans.
10.) Recently, I tried on a pair of jeans at a store, thought they fit, then got home and they were falling off of me the next day. (Does this happen to other people??) How do you know when clothes fit you right?
Hmm... hard question! I don't buy anything with spandex, they are too tight when washed and too loose when worn. It is hard to say exactly what size you are because every pair of jeans fit different. I say buy them if you love them and in a few days of wearing them if they stretch out too much then return them before it is too late!
11.) On average, how many days a week do you get dressed and do your hair and make up?
Getting dressed is very important to me. Especially after being a mom. Even if I don't have a place to go I feel SO much better about my day if I at least get dressed. If you get that far then you might as well just finish with makeup and hair! I do my makeup every day. I am not one of those lucky girls with a great complexion, so I look pretty scary without my "face" on! I wash my hair every other day so I only have to really spend time on it one day. The next I just pull it up or pull it back. I LOVE those days. Do you ever have a grungy day? Not very often but I do have less dressy days. Days when I just want to wear jeans and a simple t-shirt.
12.) How long does it usually take you to get ready for the day?
1 hour on days I do my hair. Like 20-30 minutes when I don't do my hair. It takes SO long to blow-dry :(
13.) If you only had half the time to get ready, what would you do first, and what would you be okay to leave out?
Makeup first, hair last! Hats are the best for those days.
I hope my answers have inspired somebody! Who knows, if I know you, you have probably inspired me and if I don't I have probably seen you at the store or church and you have inspired me with your cute style!
Noelle
Thanks so much, Noelle!! :)
What I wanna know is how can I get her to take my baby's pictures?!?! She's AMAZING!
ReplyDeleteMy pants fall off me too the day after! It's awful! Thanks, Noelle, I love your style - YOU are an inspiration.
ReplyDeleteI have always loved your style and I KNOW you have always loved mine in college because lets be honest- I was usually wearing your clothes! Hopefully you still love me.
ReplyDeleteA quick bit of makeup makes SUCH a difference for me, not just in how I look, but how I feel about myself! Then even if my clothes and hair aren't cute, at least I know that I'M cute!
ReplyDeletei love your honesty! I feel the same about getting ready everyday. I've been having a hard time finding the time- but I'll get used to having a kid after a while :) That's so true about having a mental picture. I always just buy what I think is a really cute shirt. I still don't know how to buy "outfits". I've always thought it's not my style, or I've never felt comfortable wearing a complete outfit put together. I'm wanting to work on that, since that's more the style now adays anyways. Thatnks for your post Noelle! I always love how you dress and you always look like you walked off a model set! So beautiful!
ReplyDelete