So, I did this survey with Amilee a while ago. And I've just been extremely slow getting it up here! Nonetheless, Amilee is amazing. Actually, I can credit her for the first time my husband and I held hands! Amilee is the mother of 3 beautiful kids, whom I hope to meet in a couple weeks when we go home for a week! Actually, in the survey, she was still expecting #3, which goes to show how badly I've slacked! Sorry folks.
The questions I asked her are from an older survey, so they don't cover a specific topic. Still, she answered wonderfully and I hope you enjoy! I think she's got some great experience and advice in each of her answers!
1.) Tell a little about yourself and your family.
Chad and I have been married for 4 years, have two beautiful children and one coming any day now! We couldn't be happier, even on those crap days that seem to always pop up. I love being a mom, wife, and sometimes housekeeper;) I also like to craft, sew, and shop! I don't usually get to do most of the latter one for myself as I love to spoil my family instead.
2.) When do you shower and how often?
Showers...now that is something special! No, I don't usually shower everyday. I like every other day, with baths in between. It's my reward system. This was a hard thing to figure out with two littles around and a husband working inconsistent hours. I finally started dragging myself out of bed when my husband got up to shower and ready myself for the day. Trust me it was so hard to make that a habit! Eventually I got used to it and it really makes the day so much better.
3.) We all get in that frumpy-mode at times. What do you do to get out of it?
Frumpy...lazy...pajamas...etc. Those days don't come too often anymore. I had a long period of time where I just felt so useless, unattractive, and unsociable after I had my second baby. It wasn't just me though, my surroundings were not so healthy. I finally signed myself up for the gym and my life took on a whole new perspective. It was nice having some me time and when I completed a class or personal training (thank you tax return!) I felt like I could take on the world! It was the same feeling I had after having my babies naturally...so empowering and beautiful. As for now, I take those frumpy feeling days and throw them out the window, most days. I force myself to get fully dressed with make up on, whether I like it or not. Sometimes I take those days to play with my kids and not think about any chores. It is really refreshing.
6.) What are your favorite hobbies and when do you get them done?
I love to craft, sew, read, and bake. My husband's Grandmother gave me this advice: Make nap time your time. At first I thought she was crazy because I really could get so many chores done in that period of time but then I tried it out. It was so nice! Now, I don't do something everyday but I try to at least do one day a week. It's a great boost to my self-esteem and brain among other things. Baking is something I do most often because I can include both of my kids. And I don't mind the mess of flour too much...I mean that's what vacuums are for right?
7.) What would you say is one of your greatest strengths as a wife and mother? Any tips for those who want to be better at it?
This is a hard one. Let's start with wife. This is my favorite thing to be (sorry kids). I love my husband so much. He is really easy to please so I think I lucked out with him. I have made it a habit that when the kids go to bed, that is our time to do what we please. This usually means sitting in bed watching movies or TV shows on Hulu. Sometimes we play cards which is great for random conversations. This has helped tremendously with our relationship.
On to being a mother. I love this job too, just a little differently. It's a struggle sometimes. I am really good at making my kids do their chores. Granted it does not have to be perfect and I praise them for what they do. It helps my kids to realize they are part of this home and it boosts their self-esteem. I also love to randomly snuggle my kids separately for little bit everyday. I tell them I love them, talk about what they did that day, or tell them a story of when they were babies. This action alone makes their day go more smoothly. I also try to play with them but that is really hard for me because I don't have much of an imagination! But I still get down with them of just sit and watch them interact.
8.) Please share any and all tips and advice you'd like to share with other moms.
Advice: Stop comparing! You are you and that is how you are supposed to be. No house needs to be spotless at all times, then you wouldn't think a family lived there! Your family is more important than trying to do everything Mrs. Jones is doing down the street.
Cleaning: I use FLYLady. Her schedule is awesome and so easy to follow. It really does work. If you want more on this let me know....The things I have to say would have to be another blog.
If you'd like, please share a sweet mother moment, or a cute/fun story about your kids.
My favorite things are when my son helps his sister do something or just makes her laugh repeatedly. I also love it when I put dinner on the table I get a huge "Thanks Mom!" from both kids. I also find it amusing when my kids pester each other enough that they both get hurt or feelings hurt. As much as I explain to them how to resolve the situation it is guaranteed to happen again. Oh well, it is a fun stage for both of them.
No comments:
Post a Comment